There is an answer for toenail fungus …Antifungal Nail Polish!
Anti Toenail Fungus Polish
Nail polish that inhibits fungus growth on the nail. It is also free from harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, Xylene, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) among others.
Antifungal polish comes in over 20 colors.
Chip resistent antifungal toenail polish contains Vitamins E & A, and B7 (Biotin). It is undeclyenic acid infused and is not tested on animals.
Regular nail polish traps moisture under the nail plate, creating the perfect growth conditions for fungus- a warm, dark, moist environment. While antifungal nail polish cannot cure an already deeply infected nail, it can protect the progress you can make all winter following our recommendations to beautiful fungus free nails!
Best way to cure fungus toenails:
- Have your Podiatrist trim back the damaged nail and file very smooth
- Laser to kill fungus living under the nail plate.
- Leave uncovered all winter and apply daily applications of topical antifungal medications
- You may want to apply Keryflex Nail Restoration- a artificial toenail that doesn’t come off until it grows out.
- Apply antifungal nail polish for the summer!
Ingrown Toenail: Topical antifungal Nail Treatments
There are several over-the-counter topical nail products for ingrown toenails available wherever health products are sold. Some of these antifungal treatments contain botanical ingredients such as menthol and tea tree oil designed to decrease your inflammation. Additionally many topical agents will contain a salicylic acid. Salicylic acids relieve pain and soften nails. Do not use over the counter remedies if you have diabetes, AIDS, an infection of the foot or poor circulation.
Make sure to wear shoe that fit well and have enough room for your toes. If your shoes are not well-fitting and roomy, they can apply constant pressure to the nail, causing it to embed into the skin. This helps both ingrown and fungal toenails!
Call now for general information or to schedule an appointment 878-313-FEET (3338)!
- Pittsburgh Podiatrist with 22 years of experience
- 4 convenient Pittsburgh foot clinic locations
- Board Certified Podiatrist ABFAS