About Toenails Fungus Treatments Laser
Toenails Fungus Treatments Laser
- Are you embarrassed by what people would think if they saw your unsightly nails or warts?
- Would you like a simple easy way to get rid of fungus or warts?
Quick Painless Affordable Safe- Toenails Fungus Treatments Laser
Beaver Valley Foot Clinic uses the latest technology, and we are right in your backyard! For Toenails Fungus Treatments Laser and
Treatment of Fungal Nails Pittsburgh, Onychomycosis, chronic pain, plantar warts.
Toenail fungus can be very embarrassing. Fortunately, there is laser treatment available for this condition. Laser treatments for toenail fungus removal were first approved by the Food and Drug Administration back in 2010. Health care professionals at Beaver Valley Foot Clinic can use several types of lasers to remove the toenail fungus. Laser treatments are popular for toenail fungus removal because they destroy and heat the harmful fungi, but they keep the healthy tissue intact.
However, the fungus will die, and the results of this procedure will become more apparent when the new nail grows out. In many cases, people only need to get one treatment before they get the results they want. Some people have to return to Beaver Valley Foot Clinic for a follow-up treatment in order to ensure the fungus is gone.
Laser treatments for toenail fungus removal can typically completed within 15 minutes. There is no drugs or anesthesia required for this treatment. Laser treatment is also painless. Additionally, laser treatment is very safe.
Even though laser treatment is effective for killing fungus, a new fungal infection may still develop. People who are genetically predisposed to this disease are very likely to develop a new fungal infection. Patients with aggressive toenail fungus are often required to get periodic treatments.
Laser treatment is considered a cosmetic procedure. That is why it is not covered by most health insurance plans. The cost of laser treatment can vary greatly.
If you are interested in getting laser treatment for toenail fungus removal, then you should CONTACT US here at Beaver Valley Foot Clinic. Our professionals at Beaver Valley Foot Clinic will be happy to answer any questions that you have. We are based out of Pittsburgh, PA.
How Much Does a Laser Toenail Treatment Cost?
You should know that laser treatments are not covered by many insurance companies.
Unfortunately, most heat laser treatments are priced in the upper end of the hundreds/per treatment. The One PinPointe laser treatment can run you $1000, the LightPod Neo costs $395, and the Cutera GenesisPlus treatment can run you around $1000 depending on the thickness of the nail and the number of toes being treated, and finally, VARIABreeze is priced at $275 or more per session. I suggest come in for a consult, price depends on number of nails treated and how many treatments are necessary. We are priced much better than any surrounding offices, as we specialize in this treatment.
Call 878-313-3338 for the office closest to you!
What is the Laser Toenail Fungus Procedure?
- We use the most effective laser for toenail fungus. This laser effectively treats chronic toenail fungus infection. The laser shines a focused light beam to the target area, into the infected toenail. The laser penetrates the toenail and vaporizes the nail plate, where the infection lies, pulling the infection up and removing it. The toenail will grow back within a few months, fungus free. During your initial consultation, our experts will go over the treatment and procedure to eliminate the fungus.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Good news is that there are little to no side-effects that should hamper your decision to seek laser therapy. For Q-Switched and cold laser treatments there were no side-effects reported in their related studies.
However, during the studies on heat laser treatments, there were several participants that reported pain during the procedure, and a burning/darkening of the treated area. When undergoing heat laser treatment, you may begin to see plumes of smoke and a smell, as the area heats up. While this may seem dangerous, the heat treatment is tightly controlled and safe.
When Can I Expect to See Results?
You can expect to see some improvement within a few weeks, but it will be a couple of months before you really begin to see permanent results, as full nail regrowth typically happens within six to twelve months.
Following the treatment, it is best that you aim to maintain proper foot hygiene among other additional foot care practices (such as wearing breathable socks and shoes), as this will help prevent the fungus from coming back during the healing.
The Last Word on Lasers
Based on current studies, Q-switched laser treatments seem to be the most promising standalone treatment option for toenail fungus removal, while others simply lack conclusive data to reliably claim effectiveness beyond the word of the doctors who advocate for their use.
In tandem with other therapy options, laser treatments can go a long way towards helping your body recover and heal from the infection. It is always best to consult your physician before deciding on a treatment, so please do not hesitate to speak out to us at the Beaver Valley Foot Clinic.
Do I Need More Than One Treatment?
- Usually one treatment is enough, but sometimes that depends on the individual and the condition of your toenails, which will be determined by your podiatrist. We offer one free follow up treatment for all our patients, just in case.
Is the Procedure Painful? How Long Does the Procedure Take?
- This procedure takes less than 15 minutes and is completely painless, with no drugs or anesthesia required.
Will the Fungus Grow Back?
- During the procedure, the fungus appears to be killed by the laser light without harming the rest of your toenail. Some individuals may have a predisposition to the disease, however, or they have an aggressive case that may require periodic treatment to kill any new fungal infection that may arise.